Skyscraper

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Skies are crying, I’m watching
Catching tear drops in my hands
Only silence as it’s ending
Like we never had a chance
Do you have to make me feel like
There’s nothing left of me

As the smoke clears
I awaken and untangle you from me
Would it make you feel better to watch me while I bleed
All my windows still are broken
But I’m standing on my feet

You can take everything I have
You can break everything I am
Like I’m made of glass, like I’m made of paper
And go on and try to tear me down
I will be rising from the ground
Like a skyscraper, like a skyscraper


PS: 
I'm trying to do expressionist painting that once my fellow artist talked about. And had this illustration done quite fast. I drew this while hearing Demi Lovato - Skyscraper. Pardon my bad english, but before I google translated it, I always thought that "skyscraper" has something to do with scrap (paper). LOL. Wrong intrepretation, I knoooow. But I chose to intrepret it that way:3 although I know I violate the real meaning. 

So this illustration is about skyscraper song in my intrepretation. I cut the lower part coz I want to enhanced the face more. But unfortunately when I cut the lower part, people might lost the meaning of the illustration:( That's a thing that I need to work it out later. Anyway, I tried to draw a girl who made of paper, as the song mention about. Although she's "ripped", she's flying back to the sky eventually:) I always thought that way about myself. I might a lil bit fragile and such, but I always know I always levitate even though I'm not flying.

So that's my first practice after recovery from my health problem. Got ALOT of catch up. But I'm gonna do it with love now.

:) you too, come levitate with me..

2 comments:

colson said...

Good drawing.

By the way, eh, wonderful concept "levitating" :).

Well, actually, like other people I know I've got a lot of levitating experience :). Though I should add only while dreaming...

Setyo-Utomo Said said...

Bravo ! You've got digging your drawing talent. Gambatte ! Have a great success ahead !